Dedicated to helping individuals understand and navigate the mental health care system.

Patient Representatives are not affiliated with the State, hospitals, or residential centers. This assures neutrality when evaluating issues presented by you. The patient representative assists with finding resources necessary for understanding and navigating the system. The goal is to provide you support while working toward reentering your community.

How can the Patient Representative help you?

  • Speak with you about problems you are experiencing while hospitalized
  • Provide information about your rights and the grievance process
  • Attend treatment plan meetings with you at your request
  • Speak with treatment team members with you at your request
  • Assist you in completing satisfaction surveys, grievances, and other paperwork
  • Listen as an unbiased, judgment-free peer
  • Provide helpful resources and information

If you have questions about what a patient representative does or how to reach one in your area, contact VPS at: 1-802-775-6834

or contact a patient representative directly:

Michael Sabourin (northern) 

Calvin Moen (southern) or (802) 417-7470

Sherry Flower (Rutland area) or (802) 236-9693